"The way I see a warrior's true strength is not the armor or weapon he/she wields. It is actually the individuals beliefs in which they fight for whether it is for peace, honor, or corruption. The choice entirly depends on that one unique individual."
1 BBY - 13 ABY
Tal Ka’rta Kote was born on the warrior named world of Mandalore under the Kote Clan. At that time there had been much peace without any need for conflict. The Kote’s were the only type of clan who saw at a different pace of maintaining peace rather than fighting. They were amongst the only clan who didn’t follow the last act of Resol’nare. Either way the young mando’ade were still trained to fight like warrior’s if peace never came. At the time of peace within the clan his father was a strong willed warrior who knew the only way to become strong was through first-hand experience. As to show how much it takes to be a mandalorian. His mother, on the other hand, was to kind hearted and held to much care for his son(s). They were like precious gifts of god. Despite the differences both parents had; Tal was still able to live out the life of any normal mandalorian child.
In time, however, Tal’s very own father had grown more and more aggressive to him. It was how he put a way of toughing up his son. Preparing him for when a true fight would happen. It was to show that he was really ready to walk into a battle and come out without much scratches. There wasn’t many out there who enjoyed Ka’rta’s way of toughing up his own son. Many family members thought of it as child neglect? And despite wanting to speak to the clan leader of this; many were to afraid of what might happen. So it remained as a simple secret.
With that secret in mind; Tal continued to receive the horrors that ‘dear old dad’ gave to him. Despite the torture and several pains; young Kote was able to free himself from his home – with the help of his mom – to go play with family members and other mandalorian children. The only one he seemed to hold the closest of relations was with his cousin [i]Alice Switch[/i]. Whenever they had the chance both of them would run out to play simple games or with toys that Alice collected. And when some of the other children decided to pick on his cousin; Tal would always step in to protect his cousin. In time, though Tal would eventually
Mandalorian Warrior/Bounty Hunter Years
13 ABY - 16 ABY
Soon to come
- The Unique Weapon
- The act of being a warrior followed though not only wearing the armor, speaking the language, or aiding the leader Mandalore in battle. There was struggle against those outsiders held no understanding to tradition or the kind of culture that mando'ade had. The weapon that Tal now holds was a weapon crafted from another mandalorian with the same last name of Kote. This mandalorian went by the name of Ganar Kote. Ganar believed that a warrior's true strength relied within the warrior himself. After the Kotes conspired through their first civil war. The dictating leader Ani'la Kote held no care for the individuals that lived within the clan; the addicting power of clan leader eventually went to her head through the killing and destruction of some of the surrounding Kote forests. Seeing the destruction that Kote warrior's and citizen's put into the surrounding area Ganar crafted a weapon constructed from mandalorian iron and zillo beast skin that made it not only lightsaber proof but blaster proof as well. Ganar gave the weapon a black crystal that would hold the effect of lightsaber. However, only mandalorian warrior's with unique qualities where allowed to use the weapon. Ganar enscribed three words in the mando'a language: Aliit, Gayiyli, and Tor. For those individuals who held some understandin in mando'a the words held the meaning in basic: family or clan, resurrector, and justice. Ganar used the weapon against the clan leader, upon its activation it had a black core with a white glow around it. Ganar explained how the glow symbolized the clan's true motives and intentions. Using the weapon as an act of defense Ganar pushed into saving what many wanted to keep in protection. After the long rulling fight Ani'las leadership within the clan was brought down and the unique gray hilted weapon was placed away in storage so that a warrior with the same unique qualities as Ganar could wield the weapon as a single of honor and protection for the outcasted clan.
- "The thing is to know when you really need a blaster. Keep it at your side holstered and don't draw it out unless you feel threatened or if someone points a blaster at you."
- ―Tal Kote
Roleplaying Thread LinksEdit
(Listed in Chronological Order)
- I Didn't Know Time Went So Fast These Days- Alice and Tal go on an adventure before they ever joined the NR or the Empire
- Fighting Fear with Fear- conquers fear of fighting
- Still Looking- gains information as to where to find a ship and meets Maxoril Texal and Azina Texal
- Getting Warmer- mentioned only on first post
- The Unachievable Force- Tal is finally able to get a hold of a starship from Muunilinst but runs into Irin Tholl and his TIE fghter squadron
- A Chance Meeting- Tal's lands his ship on an unknown world and while there he meets a young jedi in training Aeon Kensho
- Unlikely Friends-Tal continues repairs on his ship; visits the tavern once more.
- Cradle of War- helps Maxoril with information about a former friend named Naast Kote
- You Get What You Pay For- stopping at Point Nadir in the midst of testing his ships engines; Tal gets involved with Xero Thane's professional affairs
- A Dead Heavy Day- arrives on Coruscant and experiences some unusal appearances.
- End Game- travels with Prudii to Nal Hutta to search for Naast and ends up entering tournement (maybe on the tournement part)
- The New Guy- lands on Telos IV and visits the Mirror's Edge Cantina to gain more info about Naast.
- Seek and Destroy- hired for a mission to take out Imperials.
- From Warrior to Soldier- Tal travels to recruit for the New Republic special forces as a tech specialist.
- Doubletime it Grunts!- begins training with the New Republic Rangers (more info to come).
- Grav-Ball Leagues- decides to participate on a Grav-Ball team
- Teamwork is Key- simulates a training exercise with rocket jockey Romon Darksands.
- So, Who's Turn is it to Buy?- returns to the Mirror's Edge Cantina to relax after some training in the New Republic forces.
- Making Repairs- meets with Lieutenant Gild Dallows to repair his Z-95 headhunter ship
- Secret of Mandalore- recieves a tip from a mysterious individual about a mandalorian and so travels to Mos Eisley, Tatooine to discover it
- New Beginings- runs into Arianne
- The Meridian Pulse- after visiting Manda'yaim and gaining the Red Serpent back Tal travels to Cinnagar only to be met with droid resistance.
- The Hunt- decides to go on a little 'vacation' with Romon and Z to Coruscant.
- S.A.R. Relay- learns of a squad of New Republic Navy Wraith's being shot down and decides to help out in a search and rescue mission.
- S.A.R. Legacy- leaves for the mission
- S.A.R. Finale- (information soon to come)
- S.A.R.- aids in search of a NR navy Wraith Team that went missing in an unknown area.
- Operation Druckenwell Liberation- fights in a planetary takeover with the New Republic.
- If Everyone Cared- visits the Mirroir's Edge Cantina before going to visit his old friends on Manda'yaim
On Leave from NREdit
- A Change of Plans- lands on Dxun and meets Nova who helps him discover why the planet is so bare.
- Aruetycate Verd- Finally returns to Manda'yaim only to run into Maxoril where they both decide to find Naast.
- Hettyc Tar- enters into the mandalorian pod race the Hettyc Tar in hopes of getting in contact with Naast.
- Malice Multiplies, the Arena Knows no Innocence- comes to Trandosha were discovers that slaves are fighting for their freedom in an arena; (more info to come)
- New Beginings- (information to come)
- Touching Base- before his return to Telos; Tal meets up with his old friend Aeon.
- Shadows of the Past- upon meeting Aeon on Maridun; the two encounter three bounty hunters who are charged with bringing the Chiss Jedi back dead or alive.
- Rising Up- the mandalorian is promoted to the rank of Lieutenant within the New Republic.
- To War It Is!- assists in recruiting Wes Caho
- You are the Best?- transfers over to the 22nd Tactical Special Forces of the NR Army.
- Please, Let's not Talk of the Past?- talks with Union "Angel" Creed at his home
- Time to Sink Teeth into Something New- goes to a BBQ and meets some new members of the Devil Dogs.
- How Long Can You Last?- does some survival training with a group of others.
- Awake and Alive- meets and talks with Noir
- The Dark Shadow- meets Aeon back on Telos
- Back to Mandalore, Post Haste- travels back to Manda'yaim with Aeon in hopes of getting supplies for his ship
- Catching Up- meets with an old friend in the Mirror's Edge Cantina
- Where am I..... who am I?- crash lands on Naboo, and loses his memory as a result. Meets a twi'lek jedi known as Landoni.
- Questionable Liaisons- while on a mission; Tal meets with Lykeira who follows him around
- To Find a Stray- while attempting to destroy a prison camp; Tal comes across his brother Kex Kote
- Team Building 101- meets with Alizabeth, Adam, and Masor about a body guard mission for Druckenwell
- Weapon of choice....- the following day Tal meets with Alizabeth once more for some one to one personal training
- Operation Druckenwell Restoration- makes another visit to Druckenwell only this time with a politician
- An Epic Hunt- for some reason finds himself on Nal Hutta being chased by a bounty hunter while also meeting with Landoni
- Coming Back Down- encounterd Darth Proeliator on Ossus who seeks revenge upon him
- Almost Easy- arrives to Manda'yaim and encounters Glid Gallows on the world
- Come on our you mangy mutts- meets with the Devil Dogs learns that he is now the XO for the team
- Rusty Innards- Tal assists Aeon in restoring an old R9 astromech droid.
- Who are my Leaders?- meets up with several other New Republic COs and XOs.
- Click, Click, BOOM!- finishes up a project that he and Romon had been working on.
- Cold Climate Combat and Endurance Training- before going on a mission decides to join in one some training revolving around cold weather.
- Escalating the War- after a successful mission on Tatooine; Tal is captured by some imperials.
- Prisoner of War- Tal is taken back for some questioning; which he later comes with a plan of escape back to Telos.
- The Breakout!!!- Tal is rescued from Imperial hold and brought back home
- The Tag Along- Meets Lily Darksun and fixes her chrono
- We're Not Done Yet!- on a mission with Glid to Taanab.
- Coming Storm: Retribution- Tal is given command of the Devil Dogs and they are deployed to Kuat for an attack
- Animal Control- Tal is promoted to the rank of Captain and becomes the new CO of the SpecForce team who he hopes to give a new designation to.... Havoc Squadron.
- Time to Howl- meets with his fellow SpecForce members to discuss the new mission plan.
- For those Who Gave Their all....- a rememberance of those who fought during the mission of Kuat
- Returning a Dog to it's Yard- finds Union "Angel" Jaeger along with others and saves her life.
- It's a Frozen Wasteland... No it's Hoth!?- SpecForce unit heads out on a search and capture mission to Hoth.
- The First Day- meets with Commander Mazen Darksun at the Mirror's Edge Cantina.
- The Dog's Ready to Bite- Tal welcomes Union back into the "Devil Dogs"
- Three's Company- spends some time with the Darksun family
- A New Place and New Friendship- meets Dracon Lennox
- Tatooine isn't Big enough for the both of us, mate- ((soon to come))
- Home on the Range- learns a little more about Colonel Excapus through some range training
- Clanward Bound!- finally is able to see his younger brother after four years of an absence.
- So a Spook and a Spectre walk into a Bar...- is finally able to meet the opposite of the SpecForce.
- The return of the very old Morellian Enforcer- finds himself as a spectre with the Intel department
- Finding Oneself- meets with Magge on a secret mission
- A Bowl of Corellian Fried Ice Cream Please- meets Arianne in the cantina after tea is spilled on his datapad. LOL!
- Out of the Frying pan and into the Past.....- Arianne helps Tal repair his datapad.
- Can you Numb the Pain- travels to Smuggler's Moon in search of his mother
- Operation After the Storm- mission between SpecOps and SpecForce
- Gym Rats & Wookiee Shorts- finally meets with Jay Shaun
- It's that Clown Guy Again.... Get Him!- meets Jack - a sith assassin - and Talitha - a young jedi - on Telos for the first time.
- There's to Much Insanity- interrogation with Jack Sheetai
- Bakuran Front: Cry Havoc- mission/assault on an Imperial Base.
- To Catch a Mandalorian- Tal returns to Mandalore, but all doesn't go well
- Changing of the Guard- Tal is promoted to the rank of High General and given command over the NR Armed Forcs.
- Let the Fun Begin- speaks with Torr Redeker, and appoints him as Deputy Commander.
- Always Stay Frosty- allows John Frost to treturn to active duty in the NR Navy
- It's a lot Harder then it Looks- trains with the New Republic Navy
- An Old Alliance Made New- meets with the Jedi Council (along with the other NR leadership) to discuss an alliance.
- Stomping Grounds- runs into Kalinda Saria
- Are you a Doctor, or a Healer?- meets with a jedi healer and learns something new
- This is Our Military- meets with Kelly and Madeleia
- Status Report- meeting with Captain Reese
- The Soldier Returns- meets with Vaago the Hutt on Drifter's Paradise
- Ni dinu ner gaan naakyc, jorcu ni nu copaani kyr'amur ner vod - Verco's recruitment
- And they Said I was Crazy!- meets Kiandra while on Naboo
- Things are Looking Up - Helps get Kiandra accepted into the NRIS
- Counting Stars - shows Kiandra around Telos
- Spark of a Mandalorian - gets double-crossed and captured
- Duty Calls- reinstates Mazen back into the NR Navy
- Rescue: Planing- the planing of rescuing Prime Minister Darksun
- The Hard Truth- meets with Anya about the Prime Minister's capture
- Gotta Be Me- Tal has surgery on his back to help him be mobile again
- I Didn't Think You Cared- Has a visitor at the hosptial
- Repeating Days- Meets with his old friend Romon
- Cut the Cord- Mission to Sullust with a Ghost Team
- Face Everything and Rise - Tal faces off against Jack after he kills Tracinya
- Here.... Pretty, Pretty....- Rescues Liz after she was captured and tortured by Jack.
- Feelings of deja'vu.... again- Tal and Liz finally return home.
- A Soldier's Call- meets with Milst Hisan and offers him the position of Chief of Army Operations
- A New Path to Lead- General Ivey returns and Tal gives him the position of Deputy Commander.
Commander of the New Republic Army
- BREAKING: NR CoS Announces New Direction in Military & Intel Leadership- Tal moves into his position as Commander of the New Republic Army.
Out of CharacterEdit
Here is some of the themes I came through with Tal.
About the RoleplayerEdit
Behind the ScenesEdit
Inspiration: Starting off on roleplay on myspace I began with a character that was a clone apart of the Grand Army of the Republic. I knew very little of where I can go and how I can adapt into making a unique character. Then, I learned of the mandalorians. Slowly, I started working into studying everything mandalorian on wookiepedia. That was when my character transferred to a mandalorian on myspace where only a few people knew of my skills and amount of study time towards a mandalorian character. However, once I joined Force-FX Jedi Archives more study towards the jedi came into play and I did not realise how much the mandalorians and the jedi where alike in a way. So then my character on myspace became a jedi master mandalorian. It seemed out of the ordinary but it was that unique way of adapting into one's character. Now joining SWRPG with the experience I have with roleplay it was a little dificult for me to come up with a unique character that I could play as here.
From the moment I joined the site I spent almost nearly a week (on and off the computer) coming with ideas: species, names, appearances, personality, and titles of what kind of character I should come up with. At that time it did not cross my mind of using a mandalorian as my character until I looked back to my myspace account of my mandalorian character that I played there. Then the idea dawned upon me of using my myspace character (who's name is also Tal Ka'rta Kote) on the SWRPG only with a slightly different story. Tones of ideas raced through my head of what I could be aiming towards with this character. I decided to add in a character that has a cool, calm laid back, and centered minded personality and mixed that in with some of the traits people saw in me in real life of being comitted, calm, dependable, honorable, quiet, and courageous. It was a half and half deal of putting in a character that would show everything that he had through the use of personality and skills as a lone individual.
I also held an enjoyement to the character Yusei Fudo from the series of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. This character shared a personality close to mine and the character I was aiming for on here. He was series, calm, and clear-minded even in the most dangerous situations rarely acting on inpulse and trying to stay at least one step ahead of his oppoenents. He also was one who was close to his friends never putting them in harms way and very intelligent with computers (hacking, slicing, etc.) and engineering skills and a once fear of bugs. I figured why not mix these in with a mandalorian character and bam you have a mando'ad verd that is ready for anything.
There was something about Yusei that I just could not stop thinking about in terms of personality and actions. And I still do love him and watch the series so I can learn more about him and adapt him into my character that I have now. Creating Tal has placed in my own personality that I have now in real life, some personality traits I thought of, and the personality of a character from a T.V. show that I jsut com to know and love in the long run. Mixing it around and adding in some of my own unique twists makes it a great character to roleplay with and learn from. As the character - Yusei Fudo - from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D;s often says when he pulls himself out of a jam: "Let's Rev it Up!" And I can't wait to do that the more I roleplay on this site with this unique character